The MT3608 2A Max DC-DC Step Up Power Module Booster Power Module is a low-cost module that can step-up a 2 to 24V input voltage up to a 5 to 28V output at up to 2A.
DC-DC boost converters step up the input voltage to a higher voltage while also stepping down the available current since the module can’t output more power than its inputs.
This boost converter is adjustable and capable of outputting a voltage in the range of 5.0 to 28V at a continuous current of up to 1.5A depending on input/output voltage settings with 1A available with most settings.
Since it is a boost converter, the input voltage must be lower than the output voltage.
The device is able to use low ESR bulk ceramic capacitors rather than electrolytic caps which avoids long-term aging concerns and contributes to the compact packaging.
The MT3608 converter IC has over-current and thermal limiting features built-in to safely shut the device down if driven too hard.
The module has a single-turn potentiometer for adjustment of the output voltage.
Turning the pot CW decreases the output voltage while turning it CCW increases the output voltage.
The upper limit of the adjustment range will depend on the input voltage and the load. With a 9V input for instance, at 1A, the upper voltage limit will be approximately 20V.
These are compact boards with 4 solder pads for making connections.
- VIN+ = Input Voltage
- VIN- = Ground
- VOUT+ = Output Voltage
- VOUT- = Ground. Connected to VIN- on the module.
- The input voltage should not exceed the maximum input voltage.
- Peak current output current is not more than 2A for input & output.
- Please be noted that the output voltage should be higher than the input voltage.
- It’s efficient by up to 93%.
- It can source a good amount of current.
- It is an inexpensive converter module.
- It’s simple to adjust to get your desired increase in voltage.
There are no reviews yet.